Jared K. Cook
Areas of Concentration
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Minnesota
- Brigham Young University
Jared K. Cook
Jared K. Cook has been in private practice in New York since 2010. His experience includes six years of litigating employment claims in federal court before transitioning to a more general commercial litigation practice in 2017.
Mr. Cook has practiced before trial and appellate courts, in both the New York State court system and the federal systems in New York and Ohio.
Mr. Cook volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America and is actively involved in his church. He enjoys backpacking, skiing, and cycling. Jared lives in Pittsford with his wife and three children.
Successfully briefed and argued appeals in the Fourth and Third Departments of the New York State Appellate Division in cases involving contract litigation. Drafted briefs for federal appeals involving issues of employment law and civil procedure in the Second, Third, Fourth, and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeals. Drafted petitions for certiorari filed with the United States Supreme Court involving issues of statutory interpretation under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the constitutional right of due process in the context of exercise of jurisdiction by state courts over out-of-state defendants.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Bar Association (including Labor & Employment Section)
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court Strengthens Church Autonomy Doctrine, The Daily Record, August 20, 2020.
- Does New York’s ban on aid to religious schools survive ‘Espinoza’?, The Daily Record, July 16, 2020.