Jeremy M. Sher
Areas of Expertise
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Government Investigations
- Securities Litigation & Arbitration
- Trade Secret & Intellectual Property Litigation
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York University: JD 2004
- Princeton University: BA 2001
- Associate, Miller & Wrubel P.C.
- Clerk, U.S. Magistrate Judge Theodore H. Katz, S.D.N.Y.
Jeremy M. Sher
Jeremy Sher is a founding partner at Adams Leclair LLP. He practices in a wide variety of litigation areas and is experienced in every phase of litigation, including trials and appeals. He successfully represents institutional and individual clients in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts as well as arbitration proceedings.
Jeremy most frequently practices in the Commercial Division of the Seventh Judicial District, which includes Monroe County. He honed his skills in complex commercial and securities practice while working at the New York City law firm of Miller & Wrubel P.C. and as a clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge Theodore H. Katz in the Southern District of New York.
- Bringing and defending proceedings to dissolve closely-held corporations.
- Negotiating sale of unmarketable stock in action for specific performance.
- Winning dismissal of claims for rescission and fraudulent inducement in cases involving sales of businesses and the granting of an easement.
- Winning dismissal of breach of warranty and revocation claims brought by motor home purchasers.
- Negotiating favorable settlements for employers subject to discrimination complaints.
- Obtaining judgments in favor of municipal boards whose decisions are challenged in court.
- Obtaining emergency injunctive relief and summary judgment in action regarding stolen funds to have been used in an ATM business.
- Successfully defending Surrogate’s Court matter in which an alleged creditor sought to obtain assets from a beneficiary.
- Prosecuting and defending proceedings to evict commercial tenants and recover unpaid rent.
- Successfully appealing a preliminary injunction enforcing restrictive employment covenants issued against clients in the investment advisory industry on the grounds of invalidity.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member and Former Co-Chair of the Litigation Council of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Director of Publick Musick, a local not-for-profit that performs classical music using period-specific instruments
Recognition and Awards
- Raymond J. Pauley Award, Monroe County Bar Association, 2020
- Best Lawyers of America and Super Lawyers for Upstate New York
- Western District of New York Pro Bono Award, 2015
Presentations and Seminars
- Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets (moderator)
- Electronic and Documentary Evidence (panelist)
- Nuts and Bolts of Personal Jurisdiction in Civil Practice (panelist)
- Nuts and Bolts of Federal Jurisdiction (panelist)
- Perfecting an Appeal in the Second Circuit (panelist)
- Second Circuit gives FLSA litigants a shortcut to settlement approval, The Daily Record, January 20, 2020.
- Removing Cases When the Amount in Controversy Is Unclear, The Daily Record, May 16, 2019.
- General Jurisdiction and the Search for an Exceptional Case, The Daily Record, November 29, 2018.
- Restrictive Covenants and Employee Manuals Can Make a Bad Combination, The Daily Record, May 17, 2018.