Mary Jo S. Korona
Contact Mary Jo
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Higher Education
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals Second Circuit
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, OH
J.D. 1983, Cum Laude
Honors: Law Review Editor
- St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY
- B.A. 1978, Summa Cum Laude
- Partner, Wolford & Leclair LLP
- Partner, Lawrence, Werner, Kesselring, Swartout & Brown LLP
Mary Jo S. Korona
Mary Jo S. Korona is a founding partner of the firm currently serving as Senior Counsel. She has distinguished herself by developing a robust commercial, employment, higher education and municipal law litigation practice while also developing and maintaining long term clients who rely on her to ability to provide practical and effective problem- solving strategies outside of the litigation environment.
Mary Jo’s litigation practice focuses on disputes between businesses and among shareholders, partners and members of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, including complex contract disputes, business divorces, buy outs and dissolutions, employment actions and proceedings involving assessors and town, zoning and planning boards, in state and federal courts and in private mediations and arbitrations.
Mary Jo is a peer selected “Best Lawyer” in the area of Commercial Litigation and she is a member of the panel of attorneys certified to mediate cases pursuant to the United States District Court’s Plan for Alternative Dispute Resolution for the Western District of New York. She has served the Monroe County Bar Association, the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the New York State Bar Association in the roles of Trustee, Committee Chair, Section Chair and lecturer.
Mary Jo and her spouse of forty years, Matthew, are parents to daughters Stephanie and Katharine, and enjoy spending time at Keuka Lake and in Loma, CO.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
Recognition and Awards
- Leader in Law – 2016
Presentations and Seminars
- Regular lecturer on the topic of ethics for the New York State Bar Association
- Columnist for The Advocate’s Corner, a litigation column featured in The Daily Record