Paul L. Leclair
Areas of Concentration
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Partnership Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tort & Insurance Coverage Litigation
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD 1987
- University of Scranton, BA 1984, magna cum laude
- Partner, Leclair Korona Cole LLP
- Partner, Wolford & Leclair LLP
- Associate Counsel, Rochester Telephone Corporation
- Associate, Nixon Hargrave Devans & Doyle
Paul L. Leclair
Paul Leclair is a founding partner of Adams Leclair LLP in Rochester, NY. He brings more than 30 years of experience in commercial, construction, partnership, employment, and personal injury litigation. He has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials and other proceedings in state, federal and bankruptcy court, and at mediations and arbitrations.
A majority of Paul Leclair’s work is referred from other attorneys in the community, and he is known for being responsive, diligent and providing excellent service. His commercial matters include traditional disputes such as breach of contract, real estate, insurance coverage, and partnership disagreements, and he also spends considerable time on construction matters litigating and counseling contractors about their projects. In addition, Paul has been engaged to mediate many types of commercial and personal injury cases.
Whenever given the opportunity, Paul boasts of his four children, Doug, Aline, Dane and Natalie, whom he raised with his wife of more than 30 years, Rebecca Leclair.
- Obtained dismissal of claims at the outset of litigation in case involving restrictive covenants and non-compete provisions
- Obtained judgment for landlord whose tenant improperly assigned a lease
- Negotiated several million-dollar settlement in favor of mechanical contractor against municipality on public arena construction project
- Obtained dismissal of claim against contractor by municipality alleging impropriety in minority subcontracting
- Obtained judgment in arbitration in favor of manufacturer of machinery defending claims of defective workmanship
- Obtained verdict in favor of injured farmer making delivery in hazardous conditions
- Negotiated favorable settlements in favor of many injured clients
Activities and Affiliations
- Former Trustee and Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Past President, Rochester Inns of Court
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- Coach, Rochester Hispanic Youth Baseball League
Recognition and Awards
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers of America, Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers for Upstate New York
- Humanitarian Award, Monroe County Bar Foundation, 2016
- Pro Bono Award, US District Court, WDNY, 2015 & 1997
Presentations and Seminars
- Monroe County Bar Association, numerous presentations on litigation skills and practice
- Former regular presenter to Russian judges and lawyers in Rochester’s sister-city, Novgorod, Russia, on advocacy skills to promote the rule of law through the Russian American Rule of Law Consortium
Articles/Publications by Paul Leclair
- Suing Employees for Negligence?, The Daily Record, January 30, 2019.
- Forging Ahead to the Future Despite Serious Personal Problems, The Daily Record, April 16, 2018.
- Significance of Getting Transcripts Signed by a Witness, The Daily Record, October 17, 2013.