Richard T. Bell, Jr.
- rbell(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)adamsleclair.law
- (585) 327-4164
- (585) 327-4200
Areas of Concentration
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Real Property Taxation
- Corporate Law
- New York State
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York
- University of Toledo
- St. John Fisher
Richard T. Bell, Jr.
Richard T. Bell, Jr., a founding partner of the firm, received his B.A. from St. John Fisher College in 1992 and his J.D. from the University of Toledo in 1997. He is an experienced litigator in both state and federal Courts in New York, with an emphasis on commercial litigation, construction law, and real property taxation. Mr. Bell has practiced construction law since his admission to the Bar, representing public owners, contractors, subcontractors, vendors and design professionals in all aspects of construction. His practice also includes representing municipalities and commercial petitioners in real property tax litigation, and counseling clients in corporate matters including business formation, drafting and negotiation of shareholder/operating agreements and business litigation involving non-compete/non-disclosure agreements, contract disputes, corporate dissolution and business valuation. In addition, Mr. Bell is an experienced appellate practitioner, having successfully argued numerous appeals before the State Appellate Division and having participated in matters before the State Court of Appeals
Mr. Bell has substantial experience representing municipalities and public authorities, providing counsel on state regulations, open meeting requirements and issues involving the Freedom of Information Act. Mr. Bell also serves on the Board of Directors for the Richard T. Bell Foundation, a charitable foundation committed to funding local charities serving the Greater Rochester community. Mr. Bell is a member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations and is an associate member of the Associated General Contractors of New York. In addition, Mr. Bell has lectured on construction and contract law and is recognized by “Super Lawyers” in construction law and litigation.
- R-J Taylor Gen. Contr., Inc. v. Fairport Cent. Sch. Dist., 170 A.D.3d 1603
- Jones v Seneca County, 154 A.D.3d 1349
- Crane-Hogan Structural Sys., Inc. v Belding, 142 A.D.3d 1385
- Adonis Constr., LLC v. Battle Constr., Inc., 103 A.D.3d 1209
- Matter of Stevens v Allied Bldrs., Inc., 84 A.D.3d 1758
- Crane-Hogan Structural Sys., Inc. v. ESLS Dev., LLC, 77 A.D.3d 1302
- LVI Envtl. Servs. Inc. v. New York State Urban Dev. Corp., 25 Misc. 3d 1227(A), Aff’d 67 AD3d 1456
- North Cent. Mech., Inc. v. Hunt Constr. Group, Inc., 43 A.D.3d 1396
- Int’l Union of Operating Eng’rs v. Crane-Hogan Structural Sys., Inc., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98970
Activities and Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Richard T Bell Foundation
- Member, Associated General Contractors of New York
- Member, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Member, New York State Assessors Association
- Former Board Member: Monroe County Board of Ethics
- Former Board Member: New York State IOLA Fund
- Advocate’s View: Re-opening construction – The new normal (for now), The Daily Record, May 20, 2020.