Robert P. Yawman
Areas of Expertise
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- University at Buffalo
JD 2013, magna cum laude
- Hofstra University
- Deputy County Attorney, Monroe County
Robert P. Yawman
Rob Yawman is an Associate Attorney at Adams Leclair. Rob’s practice focuses on business litigation, commercial landlord and tenant disputes, and defense against employment discrimination claims.
Rob has represented clients before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division Fourth Department. He regularly represents clients in New York State Supreme Court, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the American Arbitration Association, as well as various justice courts throughout the Finger Lakes region.
Prior to joining Adams Leclair, Rob worked as a Deputy County Attorney for Monroe County where he defended the County and its employees in civil rights cases, personal injury matters, and Article 78 proceedings.
- Collaborated with Adams Leclair partners to file successful summary judgment motions in defense of a Title VII employment discrimination case, a lawsuit alleging business fraud, and a commercial landlord case.
- Obtained money judgments and warrants of evictions on behalf of landlords against defaulting tenants.
- Trial experience in state and federal court.
- Successful defenses of Article 78 challenges.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Foundation of the Monroe County Bar
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association
Academy of Law (2018 – Present)
- Villa of Hope Young Professional Board Member
- Past Board Member of the Monroe County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (2015 – 2018)
Recognition and Awards
- 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Upstate New York
- 2017 Daily Record Up & Coming Attorney Award
Presentations and Seminars
- Co-Chair of 2019 MCBA Know Your Rights CLE presented at the Monroe County Bar Association
- Navigating the Status of Evictions in New York State, The Daily Record, September 16, 2020.
- Expanded Statutory Protection of Defaulting Commercial Tenants, The Daily Record, September 19, 2019.
- Obtaining Money Judgment in Summary Proceeding, The Daily Record, March 26, 2019.
- Expert Affidavits Don’t Always Defeat Summary Judgment, The Daily Record, September 21, 2017.
- Vacating an erroneously filed notice of pendency, The Daily Record, September 15, 2016.