Ryan focuses her practice representing businesses and individuals in commercial litigation disputes. She has experience in both federal and state courts representing clients in all stages of civil litigation, from initial investigations to trial. Her experience includes complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, government investigations, white collar defense, and civil rights litigation.
After starting her legal career as an associate at a law firm in New York City, Ryan clerked for the Honorable Brenda K. Sannes, Chief U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of New York. Ryan then relocated to Rochester and looks forward to continuing her legal career in her new community.
An avid equestrian and animal lover, Ryan has one cat and a horse.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Order of Barristers
- National Order of Scribes
- Order of the Coif
- Justinian Honor Society
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Civil Procedure (2015); Advanced Trial Practice (2016)
- Executive Director, Moot Court Honor Society
- Associate Notes Editor, Syracuse Law Review
RECENT BLOG POSTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- A Lawyer for Equity: Debunking Myths About SafeSport’s Role in Our Legal System, The Chronicle of the Horse (2020)
- What Are You En(title)d Two? Protecting Individuals with Disabilities During Interactions with Law Enforcement Under Title II of the ADA, 49 MEMPHIS L. REV. 3 (2019)
- Prisoner’s Dilemma–Exhausted Without a Place of Rest(itution): Why the Prison Litigation Reform Act’s Exhaustion Requirement Needs to be Amended, 20 SCHOLAR 2 (2018)