Rob Yawman is an Associate Attorney at Adams Leclair. Rob’s practice focuses on business litigation, commercial landlord and tenant disputes, and real property disputes.
Rob has represented clients before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division Fourth Department. He regularly represents clients in New York State Supreme Court, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the American Arbitration Association, as well as various justice courts throughout the Finger Lakes region.
Prior to joining Adams Leclair, Rob worked as a Deputy County Attorney for Monroe County where he defended the County and its employees in civil rights cases, personal injury matters, and Article 78 proceedings.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment decisions on behalf of commercial landlords defeating claims of commercial tenants and recovering past due rent amounts.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment defeating claims of business fraud.
- Obtained money judgments and warrants of evictions on behalf of landlords against defaulting tenants.
- Secured a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction against out-of-state defendants accused of breaching contract and converting property owned by an estate.
- Successfully obtained settlements for clients in breach of contract cases.
- Trial and arbitration experience in state and federal court and before the American Arbitration Association.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association
- Serves on Board of Directors of Foundation of the Monroe County Bar (2020 – Present)
- Serves on Monroe County Bar Association Academy of Law (2018 – Present)
- Villa of Hope Young Professional Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Member of Villa of Hope’s Stakeholder Advisory Council (2020 – Present)
- Past Board Member of the Monroe County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (2015 – 2018)
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- 2019 – 2021 Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Upstate New York, Business Litigation
- 2017 Daily Record Up & Coming Attorney Award
PRESENTATIONS AND SEMINARS
- Moderated March 2021 CLE: A Practical Guide to Construction Litigation from Experienced Practitioners presented by the Monroe County Bar Association
- Co-Chair of April 2019 Know Your Rights CLE presented by the Monroe County Bar Association