Daniel P. Adams
- dadams(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)adamsleclair.law
- (585) 327-4160
- (585) 327-4200
Areas of Concentration
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- New York State
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2nd Circuit U.S. Federal Court of Appeals
- Albany Law School
- SUNY Albany
- Lewis & Greer, PC, Poughkeepsie, NY, Principal
- Adams Bell Adams, PC, Rochester, NY, Principal
- C.B. Strain & Sons Mechanical Contractor, Project Manager
- A.J. Eckert Plumbing and Heating, Project Manager
Daniel P. Adams
Daniel P. Adams, a founding partner of Adams Leclair LLP, has been engaged in construction law, contracts and commercial litigation since earning his J.D. degree from Albany Law School (where he graduated cum laude) in 1996. He has been selected to “Super Lawyers” for his experience in construction law and is recognized by “Best Lawyers of America” for construction law and litigation, plus commercial litigation. Dan appears regularly in state and federal courts throughout New York, as well as before arbitrators and mediators.
Before attending law school he made his living in construction, beginning as a laborer and working his way up to estimator and then project manager, most recently for two prominent mechanical contractors centered in the Hudson Valley. After law school he became a principal in the Poughkeepsie law firm, Lewis & Greer, where he focused his practice in construction and surety law and commercial litigation. In 2011, he relocated his family to Rochester to join Adams Bell Adams where his construction experience gave him a unique advantage in his construction law and litigation practice.
Mr. Adams is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Monroe County Bar Association, the Associated General Contractors of New York, and a Charter Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America. He also lectures regularly on various construction law topics.
Clairol Development v. Spencerport – $700,000 civil rights jury trial verdict in favor of developer due to village’s unreasonable delay in accepting dedication of properly constructed infrastructure.
Manning-Squires-Hennig v. Canandaigua-Finger Lakes Resort – $3.5 million dollars mechanic’s lien foreclosure arbitration award taken through to judgement and foreclosure of resort project.
R-J Taylor General Contr., Inc. v. Fairport Central School Dist., 170 AD3d 1603 – large claim for delays and additional work on school construction project.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors of New York
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- The Coronavirus and Essential Services, The Daily Record, April 16, 2020.